Why use the Auto-Shutdown feature?
To help users manage their credit burn rate, and avoid unpleasant surprises of workstations that have been consuming credits in the back end. It helps users that tend to forget to turn off their workstation. When disconnecting from the desktop it stays active in the background. We have the Auto-Shutdown feature build into the platform to turn it off, preventing the usage of credits.
Please note that this feature is not activated by default.
If you’d like to activate this feature on your Dekstop(s), please follow the steps described below.
One very important note to consider when using the Auto-Shutdown feature:
- The forced shutdown will close down all applications left open, without saving work in progress. That is why it is very important to save your work, before disconnecting from the Cloudalize Desktop.
How to enable the Auto-Shutdown feature on your blueprint
- Go to the platform and login with your admin user
- Navigate to “Blueprint” on the left panel
- Click “view details” button of the blueprint where you want to enable Auto-Shutdown. (at least 1 deploy of the blueprint is required)
- Click “view details” button where you want to enable Auto-Shutdown
- Check the box next to “Enable Auto-Shutdown Configuration” and set the time when the Auto-Shutdown should be applied
- Notice that as an admin you can Lock this feature for all your users
- Now click SAVE
- You’re all set. Please note that the Auto-Shutdown will be instant active on ALL Desktops of the chosen blueprint deploy. Do not forget to always save your work when you disconnect from your Cloudalize Desktop
How to enable the Auto-Shutdown feature on individual Desktops
- To be able to use the Auto-Shutdown as an enduser, the admin of your account needs to have this feature unlocked (see post above)
- Go to https://my.hay01.gdaas.com for Europe or https://my.pis01.gdaas.com for USA and login with your user credentials
- Go to the Desktop page to see your Desktop
- Click the settings button
- Select “Enable Auto-Shutdown” and configure the desired time.
- Click OK and your settings should be applied to your Cloudalize Desktop
- You’re all set. Please do not forget to always save your work when you disconnect from your Cloudalize Desktop