When you are logged in as an Admin & your environment has a subcustomer (because you are a reseller), you can impersonate into this subcustomer to make changes to their environment.
Please have a look at the schematic overview below to have a better understanding of the customer – subcustomer relation.
- Customer MASTER has:
- User USERONE (admin) with a M602 Desktop
- User USERTWO with a M602 Desktop
- Deploy M602 with capacity 2
- Customer SUB has:
- User USERTHREE (admin) with a M604 Desktop
- User USERFOUR without a Desktop
- Deploy M604 with capacity 1
USERONE is admin on the upper level (customer MASTER), so he can impersonate into the subcustomer (customer SUB) to make some changes (for example: create a new user for subcustomer SUB, deploy a blueprint for subcustomer SUB, assign a Desktop to a user in subcustomer SUB)
As USERONE is admin on the upper level, he can make these changes for customer MASTER as well.
How to impersonate:
- Sign in as Admin on the master environment
- Click on your own customer name (MASTER in this case), to open the dropdown menu
- Select the desired subcustomer you want to impersonate in
- You are now impersonated in the desired subcustomer (in this case SUB)